CWF provides grants to 501(c)3 organizations operating in the New York City area. It does not accept unsolicited proposals, but inquiries in the form of a one page letter of intent are welcome. They should be directed to email@example.com. Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
Once requested, grant applications should include a 3 to 5-page narrative, in which the applying organization introduces itself and provides a brief history of its mission and work, along with specific information about successes it can claim. The applying organization should provide details of the work for which it seeks support (why is the work needed, who and how many individuals/families will benefit from it, etc), and a description of expected outcomes.
The application should also include:
- a signed cover letter requesting support
- a copy of its 501(c)3 designation letter including its EIN
- a budget for the project
- a list of other committed or potential supporters for the project
- a budget for the overall agency
- a list of agency supporters, both public and private
- a list of the board of directors with their professional affiliations
- a copy of the most recent agency audit
- a modest plan for evaluating the outcome of the project at its conclusion
The Fund has no fixed deadlines for grant applications. We confine our grants to a period of one year, though we are entirely open to renewing support for successful projects in subsequent years. We normally hope to share funding of proposals with other foundations, especially in the second or subsequent years of a project.